A long overdue post made possible by lockdowns and community quarantine. But I am hoping that we win the battle against Covid-19 the soonest so we can go back to our normal work-travel lives. Praying for the safety of everyone.
Kota Kinabalu is the state capital of Sabah, Malaysia. It is also the capital of the Kota Kinabalu District as well as the West Coast Division of Sabah. It is named after Mount Kinabalu, which is situated about 50 kilometres east-northeast of the city.
Mount Kinabalu is a mountain located at the West Coast Division of Sabah, Malaysia. It is protected as Kinabalu Park, a World Heritage Site. Kinabalu is the highest peak in Borneo’s Crocker Range and is the highest mountain in the Malay Archipelago as well as the highest mountain in Malaysia. Mount Kinabalu is also the 20th most prominent mountain in the world by topographic prominence.
We booked our tours (Day 1 – Mari Mari Cultural Village / Day 2 – Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Spring) through Klook since it was our first time in KK. On the 3rd day we explored the city on ourselves.
We booked a deluxe double room for 2 nights at Hotel Dreamtel Kota Kinabalu through Agoda. And the hotel is highly recommended due to its location and good service. They also granted my request to be on a corner room with amazing view of the city and spectacular sunset.
- Mari Mari Cultural Village Tour
- 1:00pm pick up from hotel
- 2:00pm arrive at Mari Mari Cultural Village and meet your village guide
- Greeted and briefing on village rules
- 2:15pm enter to village and visit 5 tribe houses
- Dusun House, Rungus Longhouse, Lundayeh Tribe House, Bajau House, Murut Longhouse
- 3:30pm cultural dance performance in the hall
- 4:00pm enjoy lavish meals prepared by local chef
- 5:00pm depart back to hotel
- Old Town White Coffee
- Kota Kinabalu City Mosque
- Kinabalu Park and Poring Hot Spring
- Nabalu Market
- Kinabalu Park
- Poring Hot Spring and Nature Reserve
- Desa Cattle Dairy Farm, Kundasang Vegetable Market
- Filipino Market
- KK Waterfront
- Gaya Street Sunday Market
- Atkinson Clock Tower
- I love KK Landmark
- Centre Point Sabah
- Padang Merdeka
- Kota Kinabalu City Hall